Yes, today is both Kyle's 3 month and 13 week birthday! I'm thinking (hoping!) he's having his 3 month growth spurt because he has been waking up every couple hours at night to eat this week, after he had been sleeping through the night pretty consistently. Who knows though...it could just be a phase. But I must say, it's tough getting up every couple hours, after getting used to sleeping for at least 6 hrs!
He's now up to 13 lbs 7 oz, meaning he gained an average of 6 oz per week over the last month, which is good. We were seriously considering supplementing him with formula, but after "running the numbers", we feel comfortable with his recent gain, so we'll keep plodding along. We'll continue to keep an eye on it though, although I've read their gain usually slows from 5-8 oz to 2.5-4.5 oz/wk after 3 months. Hopefully he'll continue on the 6 oz/wk pace though, to catch up!
Not much else to report. Kyle took a couple good naps today, so Jared and I had some downtime, which was nice. It is so rare that we're both relaxing at the same time! Usually one of us is either with Kyle or doing chores around the house. But today, we played cards while listening to Christmas music and enjoying the tree. Jared should be home from basketball shortly and then it's time for bed. Kyle's already sleeping (probably only for another hour though). And tomorrow, I must finish my Christmas shopping...after getting about 95% of it done online, I actually need to set foot in a couple store...not looking forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment