Hard to believe that today is the last day of 2008! This was definitely the year of Kyle and thus the best year of our lives! I still remember how incredibly excited we were when we saw the little "+" sign on the EPT test...it was the first Saturday in January so literally, the entire year has been about Kyle (although we didn't actually know him for majority of it). He is just such a little joy, except for his new sleep habits...
For the last 2.5 weeks, Kyle has been waking up every two hours in the night to nurse. Like clockwork...no exceptions! Needless to say, I'm a complete zombie and feel like I felt when he was a newborn (but even then, he'd occasionally sleep for a 3 or 4 hour stretch). At 3+ months, I know he should be able to sleep about 6 hrs at night without eating. But I feel like his body is realizing that it is supposed to be bigger, so he's playing catch-up. And he has gained very well during this stretch...he's a little over 14 lbs now and gained 9 oz last week! I feel great about this during the day and realize that his night feedings seem to be benefiting him, but I'm a little more negative when I wake up at night. I think I usually say the same thing each time I get up to feed him (it contains expletives)..."this just really ____ ____"...I'll let you use your imagination. But like everything else, I know this is just a phase. I just hope it phases out soon! It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, we woke him up after he'd been asleep for over 9 hours! What a difference a couple weeks make.
Completely unrelated, we had heating oil delivered yesterday for $1.79/gallon...this is literally half what we paid just a few months ago! Our electric bill, however, hasn't fared as well. We had our highest bill ever this month ($265). And no, we don't have electric heat. Somehow, we used 50% more kW than last December, and this December was actually warmer. I guess my being home during the day has quite an impact on our energy consumption.
Should be a quiet New Years Eve tonight. We have no hope/desire to make it to midnight. We were excited to get lobsters for dinner though but just called Big Y to place our order and they're all sold out :( We'll have to figure out a Plan B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If it's any consolation, that was just about what our electric bill was too. And my reaction was the same. :(
Just keep telling yourself that everything is a phase. This too shall pass (boogies included). And thankfully Jared is home to provide support (although I'm sure you'd be delighted if Jared could share in the nursing rotation).
Call me if you want a break.
Post a Comment