Sunday, November 2, 2008

6 Years!

Yes, today marks 6 years of wedded bliss for Jared and me. And since going out to eat isn't really an option these days, we decided to get lobsters for our anniversary dinner. I'll start off by saying that the lobsters were delicious! But the meal ended up being a bit of a "challenge". As hard as we tried, we could not get Kyle content anywhere (swing, playmat, papasan, etc). And this was after he did not nap AT ALL today (for the second day in a row). So as much as we wanted to have a nice 20 minute meal together, it didn't seem possible so we decided to eat in shifts. I was going to eat first, because I only eat the "easy stuff" on lobsters (meaning I'm quick), whereas Jared likes to pick out every last fleck of meat.

Jared thought they were softshells, but I quickly discovered that they DEFINITELY were not. And I couldn't find our lobster crackers (or even a nutcracker) anywhere. The last I remember using the crackers was at our apartment, so maybe they somehow got lost or thrown out in the move. These shells were impossible!! After struggling and cutting up my hands trying to break them apart, I knew I needed Jared's assistance. That's when Kyle gave us his anniversary gift...a 25 minute nap in the swing! So Jared was able to join me at the table. And with the aid of a garlic press (the closest thing we could find to a lobster cracker), he was able to successfully crack open the lobsters. But boy was it messy! Shells and juice were flying everywhere...all over the table, floor and us. So it wasn't exactly a relaxing, romantic anniversary dinner (and not that we thought it would be with a 6 week old!), but we're glad we got them. Despite all the effort required, they really hit the spot. And the kitchen has since been "hosed down" and we've each taken showers. So all's well that ends well.

Didn't Kyle do a good job taking this (cheesy) picture of us?! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again I lost track of the days...that October actually ended...I had BU Friday and Saturday and my internship yesterday..completely lost track....and so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and many hugs to both of you ...I am glad Kyle let you dine afterall and he is evidently quite the photographer according to Nonnie! Jackie