Looking back, what the heck did we do with all our time before Kyle was born? I always felt like we were busy, but I can't tell you exactly what used to fill our evenings and weekends. Now time just seems to fly by, and I never get done what I want to get done (except for hanging out with Kyle of course).
Even though I feel like I didn't stop all weekend, this is all that I have to show for it: cut Jared's hair, made a batch of chili, opened a 529 account for Kyle, sold my old cell phone on eBay, and did 3 loads of laundry. Doesn't sound like much, but somehow that (and caring for Kyle of course, although Jared pretty much takes over on the weekends, except for the nursing) took up the whole weekend!
Oh, one other thing I did this weekend was order Size 2 diapers from diapers.com. I don't have a good handle on diaper prices, but there was a coupon code in Parents magazine for $10 off an order of $50, with free shipping (code = "PARENTS11" if anyone's interested). So I ordered the largest case of Size 2 Swaddlers (184 ct) and "trivisol" drops (a Vitamin D supplement that all breastfed babies are supposed to take in the winter). As luck would have it, it came to almost exactly $50 before the $10 off. Seemed like a good deal. Unfortunately, Kyle's Size 1 diapers are really getting tight on him. This is unfortunate because we way overbought this size and have about 175 diapers left (3 unopened packages that were part of a case so can't be returned). Live and learn...
And for those interested in Kyle's sleep last night (namely, Grammy), he slept from 10-4, and then off and on for brief periods ever since. So I've been awake since 4am, and Jared has basketball tonight, so it's going to be a VERY long day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment