Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kyle's Rules

Kyle has very definite "rules" on how to handle him:

Rule #1 - Must hold me at all times (except for brief 15 minute "play sessions" on my playmat, bouncy seat, swing, crib mobile).

Rule #2 - Must sing and dance while holding me. Sound and movement must be continuous...no stopping to catch your breath. And sometimes singing doesn't do it for me and you have to make other creative sounds, like "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Rule #3 - Under no circumstances are you allowed to sit. Even if you keep singing/rocking me, this is still unacceptable.

Rule #4 - Don't try to get me to nap during the day. Occasionally though, if I'm feeling generous, I'll reward your efforts with a nap half as long as it took you to get me to sleep (e.g. rock me to sleep for 30 minutes and I'll sleep for 15).

If you follow these 4 simple rules, Kyle is a really easy baby! Grammy did a good job obeying his rules today and gave me a very much needed break...thanks Grammy.

1 comment:

bcarlson said...

After spending the day in Tolland I'm a believer--Kyle RULES!! Dit really has a tough guy on her hands.