Monday, November 10, 2008

Firsts

A few firsts have occurred in the last 24 hrs:

1) I was alone in the house, without Kyle! Jared took him for a long walk yesterday, and I used the time to clean the upstairs (I had cleaned the downstairs on Saturday). Maybe I should have used that time to lie on the couch and do nothing...

2) I drove in my car without Kyle! Yes, I ran a few errands last night...picked up photos at CVS, returned a ton of online purchases to Old Navy, bought some picture frames at Michaels and got gas. Errands have never been more enjoyable...I'll have to start doing that more often.

3) I may be speaking too soon on this, but Kyle has been asleep in his crib for about 30 minutes now. As you know, he does NOT nap during the day. But I was determined to get him to take one today, so I rocked him from a hysterical state to sleep over about a 45 minute span and am now enjoying the fruits of my labor. If he sleeps in there for at least 1 hour, I'll consider it a nap...his first one ever in the crib!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can appreciate all that and I'm so happy for you! I still love being alone in the house. Isn't it fun doing errands?! That novelty does wear off, but the being alone in the house doesn't. What did you get back at Old Navy - like $400?

Dianna said...

Not quite that much...a little less than $300