Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Busy Day


Kyle and I had a busy day today (he was well rested after sleeping for a 7+ hr stretch last night). We headed to the polls around noon, which I would think is one of the busier times of day (lunch hour). But there was absolutely no wait...just walked right through. I don't understand these places that have mile long lines! I've voted in 4 presidential elections now, in 3 different towns, and have never waited for more than a couple minutes. It really is too bad that they can't come up with a hack-proof online voting system. Think of all the time/money/trees that would be saved!

From there, we picked up Grammy and visited Kyle's Grampy at the cemetery. Kyle enjoyed hearing us talk about his Grampy. And the weather was perfect. On the way home, we stopped and picked up some apples at Bolton Orchard. I should mention this was the first time that Kyle has cried for any length of time in the car (I'm worried!). So I dropped Grammy off and then drove around while she was getting the apples, because he would have become hysterical if I stopped. Then, Grammy made a delicious pizza for us. After a fun visit, we headed home and are watching the election coverage. This just in...Obama is projected to win Massachusetts ;)

Oh, and this morning, we bought stocks for the first time. All our other investments are mutual funds, but this seemed like a good time to "dabble". I could definitely see myself getting into this! I love numbers/statistics and I think it will be fun to follow (kind of like fantasy sports teams!). Jared did all the research, and I just clicked the mouse. But maybe I'll educate myself and become a day trader...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Kyle fullfilled his civic responsibility by voting in his sleeping bag!! Love Nonnie