Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day

Kyle enjoyed his first Thanksgiving yesterday. Over the river and through the woods, to Grammy's house we went! Kyle was happy to see his Nonnie again, and enjoyed meeting his Vermont relatives. And everyone except Kyle pigged out on the yummy feast that Grammy cooked up!

There were a couple negatives though. First, Kyle went through the only two outfits he had yesterday (in less than an hour nonetheless!)...he peed through his "real" outfit and then pooped through the back-up outfit (a sleeper) I had in his diaper bag. I thought pee was better than poop, so I rinsed out the pee outfit and put it in the dryer for a few minutes and Kyle wore that the rest of the day. Needless to say, I learned that I need to keep a couple backup outfits in the diaper bag!

The other negative occurred on the drive home. We went the back roads (395 to 44) to avoid a potential backup at the Mass Pike/I-84 interchange. Other than the fact that sitting in traffic is frustrating, we did this mostly because Kyle starts crying as soon as the car stops moving (or even slows down). It was smooth sailing, and Kyle was asleep, until we got off 395 and had to stop for a police checkpoint in Putnam. I guess they were checking for registration, seatbelts and drunk driving. Of course this was enough to wake up Kyle and he proceeded to SCREAM the rest of the ride home (which was about 40 minutes). So our plan backfired on us!

No comments: