Just got back from Kyle's two week appointment with the pediatrician and all is well. He's up to 9 lbs 13 oz, meaning he's gained 14 oz in the 10 days since his last appointment. So I guess he's getting enough milk, which makes me feel very relieved. And he said that since he's gaining well, it's fine to let him sleep 5, 6, even 7 hrs at night. This was great to hear, since I've been waking up each night debating whether or not I should wake him to eat, or let him sleep. Now I can thoroughly enjoy my sleep! Everything else looked and sounded good...he said he's a healthy, strong little guy.
So this long stretch of sleep at night is great, but the hours leading up to it are EXHAUSTING! From about 8-midnight, he just needs to eat CONSTANTLY. If he's not on a boob, he's screaming his lungs out. And of course this is the time of day when I'm dead tired and just want to sleep. And there's really nothing Jared can do to help (although he tries!), since he doesn't have boobs. I know I shouldn't be complaining, because the sleep that follows is a wonderful thing. But it's just VERY exhausting. Apparently I was the same way as a baby, so like my mom says, it's payback time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great news! And even better news that you can let him sleep! If only you could tell your boobs the same thing... Do you go back in another two weeks for his one-month visit?
I know, I wish I could turn my boobs off for those hours! And yes, he'll go back for a 4 wk check.
Post a Comment