Friday, October 3, 2008

Diaper Disasters

The last two diapers I've changed have been total disasters. The first happened around 4:30 when I got up to feed him. He had pooped through his onesie/sleeper/blanket, and of course peed the instant I took off his diaper. Then, the next diaper change was about an hour ago. I peeked in and no poop, but it felt wet so I decided to change it...BAD DECISION! Not only did he pee as soon as I took it off, but he also pooped on the changing table (and his clothes)! So he's now in his third outfit in less than 5 hours! When he has poop on his onesie, I've started pulling it down over his feet instead of over his head, so it's a little cleaner. Were they intended to go over either end?? Hope so. Oh, and of course we had just given him a sponge bath last night before bed.

On a happier note, he had another good night. It got off to a rough start though. I think he was so worked up from his bath (which he hates!) that he didn't fall asleep for any length of time until midnight. But then he slept from about 12-4, and then 4-8. So I can't complain!

And Kyle hit a big milestone...his umbilical cord fell off overnight, although I can't find where it went! When we were washing him last night, it looked like it was only held on by a few threads. And then this morning, it's gone! I hope it was ready, because it doesn't look totally healed under there. I was expecting a perfect little belly button to emerge, but maybe that takes some time. I'll have to read up on that...

5 comments:

bcarlson said...

You are doing great. Never heard of a breast fed baby that would sleep four hours straight at less than two weeks old!! Keep up the good work, Dit and remember poop (and pee) happens;)

bcarlson said...

It's Ca. I took onesies off over the feet for months and months! And I've heard of cats liking to play with fallen off umbillical cords (it was on a Sex & the City episode). :-) xoxoxo All the pooping and peeing says such good things about the nursing success!

Dianna said...

Why are you guys always logged in as eachother??

Trish Burdo said...

I am loving your posts!!! So great!

My advice about the pooping on the changing table is to put a diaper underneath the one he has on before you remove the dirty one.

When Olivia was 1 week old I was changing her diaper and she pooped and it flew 5 feet across the room and landed on her bookshelf.

Yes onesies can come off however you need them to. I also like the tshirts that button on the sides and then you can just rip them off.

Dianna said...

Great idea Trish! I'm going to start putting the clean diaper under him, just in case. And what a strong rectum little Olivia must have to project her poop across the room like that! Kyle's poop just wimpily dribbles out his butt :)