Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kyle's Visit with Cute Aunt Ca




Kyle was treated yesterday to a visit from his "if you think I'm cute, you should see my aunt" Aunt Ca! Ca came bearing delicious Mexican food, a pumpkin and mum for our front steps, and a HUGE rubbermaid container full of hand-me-down clothes from cousin Alex! It was like Christmas in October! Kyle slept for the first couple hours of her visit (a rare 5 hr day nap!), and then later had a nice long 3 hr nap on Aunt Ca's chest. They definitely had some quality nephew/aunt bonding. Kyle also had his first real bath last night (now that his umbilical stump fell off), with Aunt Ca coaching us on the finer points of bathing an infant. I can't say he enjoyed his bath, but he also didn't seem to mind it too much. We had the heat cranked up, so that probably helped keep him relatively content.

We knew that all his sleeping during the day didn't bode well for our night. And it definitely was a rough one! Kyle wanted to nurse constantly from about 9-1am, and I had a HORRIBLE headache which made this very difficult. But we made it through. And Kyle was up most of the day today visiting with his Grammy, so we're expecting a good sleeping night tonight (I know...I'm supposed to have LOW expectations).

Kyle and I have nothing on the calendar tomorrow, so we're thinking our big activity could be taking our first walk together through the neighborhood. It's supposed to be 70F, so it should be a good day to test drive the stroller and get some fresh air.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

The walk sounds like a great idea for tomorrow - Baby Bjorn or stroller? Sorry about the bad night and headache. :-( I have a good feeling about tonight too. That Grammy, she tends to wear people out.

Dianna said...

Stroller...I haven't read up on how to use the BB yet.

Jules said...

I love that picture of Kyle looking up at Ca. So cute. He's adorable.