Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shower Please

Taking a shower sounds like a very simple task, right? Well, I literally spent my entire day trying to take one. My shower prerequisite was Kyle either being content in a secured location (e.g. swing, car seat, etc) or sleeping. I tried from 9am to 2pm to get him in one of these states and failed miserably. I even went for two car rides. He slept during the rides but woke up as soon as we got inside. If only I could shower in the car! He had a doctors appointment at 3pm, so after all that, I finally just took a shower with him screaming the whole time in the car seat (bad mommy!). Oh well, they say crying is good exercise for babies, right? If so, he definitely got a good workout today!

His 4 week check-up went well. He's up to 10 lbs 9 oz, which the pediatrician said is good weight gain. Everything else looked good too. His next appointment will be at 2 months.

Time for Kyle's bath now...hopefully it will be less of a challenge than my shower!

1 comment:

Jules said...

happy one month b-day to kyle!

And you made the right decision to shower - GOOD Mommy. Take care of your basic needs first and then everyone will be much happier in the long run.