I was expecting a good night, but Kyle exceeded my expectations...he slept from 9:30 to 4:30...7 hours!! And then, he even fell back asleep from 5-8 this morning as a bonus. If only I could stop my milk production during these long stretches! So there's a definite, direct correlation between his sleep at night and his eat/sleep pattern during the day. When he sleeps a lot during the day and doesn't eat as often, he does NOT sleep well at night. When he's awake most of the day, eating frequently, he sleeps very well at night. This certainly makes sense, but I thought there was no rhyme or reason to newborns' eat/sleep habits. We need to have Grammy come over more often to keep Kyle entertained and awake during the day!
And I should note that Kyle has been in the same outfit for almost 24 hrs, meaning he hasn't wet/pooped through it yet (I'm sure I just jinxed myself). So sometimes things just go right...I should probably run out and buy a lottery ticket today, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so happy to hear it. too bad i cant come keep him awake on my birthday;)
Post a Comment