Ca, I should have listened to you much sooner. Ca has been pushing us to try out all the "tools" at our disposal, to calm Kyle when he's in a no-sleep feeding frenzy. The suggested tools were the Baby Bjorn, swaddle, a pacifier, and the swing. As Jared was reading up on the Baby Bjorn a few hours ago, Kyle was in one of these frenzies. So I had Jared bring down the swing and literally, Kyle was sound asleep within 5 minutes of being put in it (before we even put batteries in it, with us just pushing him manually). So we put in batteries and he's been swinging away, sound asleep, for almost 2 hrs now...yippee!!!!!! What a liberating feeling this is, especially heading into the work week when I lose my favorite "tool" named Jared :) A part of me wants to limit his swing time, so the novelty doesn't wear off for him. And another part of me is afraid I'm going to WAY overuse it, because it gives me such a wonderful break!! I'll aim for somewhere in the middle...all things in moderation.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Miraculous "Tool"
Ca, I should have listened to you much sooner. Ca has been pushing us to try out all the "tools" at our disposal, to calm Kyle when he's in a no-sleep feeding frenzy. The suggested tools were the Baby Bjorn, swaddle, a pacifier, and the swing. As Jared was reading up on the Baby Bjorn a few hours ago, Kyle was in one of these frenzies. So I had Jared bring down the swing and literally, Kyle was sound asleep within 5 minutes of being put in it (before we even put batteries in it, with us just pushing him manually). So we put in batteries and he's been swinging away, sound asleep, for almost 2 hrs now...yippee!!!!!! What a liberating feeling this is, especially heading into the work week when I lose my favorite "tool" named Jared :) A part of me wants to limit his swing time, so the novelty doesn't wear off for him. And another part of me is afraid I'm going to WAY overuse it, because it gives me such a wonderful break!! I'll aim for somewhere in the middle...all things in moderation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay Kyle! Maybe he takes after his swinger cousins. Glad you got a break.
not cheating!!!! swings are the bomb!
Yes, swings are great!! I had gotten the advice from Amy to put them in early to get them use to it. Conor would sleep for about 2 hours in it too!!
Post a Comment