Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It Figures...

Last night was the first night I had the green light to let Kyle sleep for as long as he wanted, with no guilt that I should wake him up to eat. So how do you think he slept? He slept like a typical newborn (which he is, so I'll cut him some slack)...not for more than 3 hrs at a time. He fell asleep on me from about 8-10pm, so that shortened his nightly feeding frenzy which probably made him get hungrier again sooner in the night. Oh well, maybe tonight I'll have that uninterrupted, guilt-free 6 hrs of sleep!

And I'm really struggling with the whole "winkie down" thing. I try, but his winkie is just so tiny (sorry Kyle!), that it's hard to really position it. Last night around 3am, I just changed a wet diaper and his very wet clothes. Before I fed him, I put him in his crib (in his dry diaper and clean, dry clothes) so that I could wash my hands. When I returned, the back of his clothes (and crib sheet) were soaked! Apparently, he peed again and it just all drained around to his back. And here I was thinking that this problem would be solved (or at least helped) by the fact that his cord stump fell off, meaning we can now pull the diapers up over his belly button. Guess not! It's funny thinking back to our first couple days at home how I asked Ca if it's okay to leave a baby in the same clothes for a couple days...this was obviously before my milk came in because I think he's averaging about 4 outfits a day now!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Try a bigger diaper. Really. If it doesn't work out, then he'll use the package eventually, because, obviously he WILL grow. So you don't have anything to lose. Just cinch it tight at the top. It'll give you more coverage. Remember - LOW expectations. :)