This is a couple days late, but Kyle met his cousins, Alex and Rachel, on Friday. Kyle enjoyed hanging with the big kids, but unfortunately wasn't able to participate in most of the activities, as they all required the ability to walk, talk, sing, jump, etc. But he did shine in one activity...napping! He slept like a champ through LOTS of noise and commotion. As you can see from the photo, it's tough to get a prize-winning photo of an infant and a couple 2 year olds...and this was the best of about 20 shots!
Nights are definitely rough these days. Last night, Kyle didn't fall asleep until after 3am...he must have thought the Sox game went 17 innings. And this was after literally not sleeping all day! He just screams and screams at night and nothing calms him down other than nursing (which I can only do so much of). We were ready to take him for a car ride as a last resort, but then he FINALLY fell asleep (now that I think about it, maybe a car ride should be our "first resort"). He then slept until 7am, nursed, and has been asleep ever since. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fall back asleep after the 7am nursing. I plan to take a nap this afternoon though. At least we have the Sox game tonight, and the Pats tomorrow, to entertain us during these late nights. If tonight is like last night, I'll be hoping for extra innings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment