Thursday, October 9, 2008
Food Interrupted
I literally have not been able to eat a single bite of food today without Kyle SCREAMING in the background. Not a very relaxing way to eat. This is the downside to him sleeping so well at night...I don't get a break during the day. I don't think he's actually slept at all today. I've just been feeding him, singing/talking to him, and changing his diapers all day. After each feeding, I put him in the PnP...he'll appear to be asleep for about 15 minutes before he starts screaming his lungs out. Definitely makes for a long day. And I was so excited for my lunch...after over 9 months of not eating deli meat, I grilled up a ham and cheese sandwich. I brought it out on the deck to enjoy, along with the beautiful weather. As soon as I took my first bite (and boy was it delicious!), Kyle started screaming. So instead of savoring each bite, I had to wolf it down, with him screaming in the background. Not a very pleasant way to eat. And the same thing happened with my breakfast, and just now when I tried to eat an apple. My 15 minute PnP window must almost be up...Jared, please come home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know Jared's going to come home and Kyle is going to fall asleep on him on the couch, right? Figures, doesn't it?! Hopefully you'll get to enjoy at least one meal today! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Oh, Dittie, that is tough. Did you get out for a walk? Talk about a difference in 2 days (the day I was there vs this) but it bodes well for your night. xoxoxo
Of COURSE he fell asleep as soon as Jared got home last night!! So I did get to enjoy your leftover shepherds pie in peace :)
And no, we didn't go for a walk yesterday. Given how the day was going, I didn't feel brave enough (or have the energy) to try a new activity...maybe today.
Fresh air might help him sleep (and invigorate you). Adam always fell asleep in the stroller. Remy loved checking things out (he didnt' sleep, but at least he wasn't crying or wanting my boob).
Post a Comment